Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Little bit of this, little bit of that


Dress: Straight up vintage from my lovely Nana
Converse: your local Journey's

Thank you college, you've left my shoe supply quite scarce for when I go back to the parent's house. I like the Converse with this, but only to an extent.

I left some extra bangs down on this style. If I were to style my hair this way again, I'd probably opt for less bangs down to give the style a lighter feel.

A fun little style without too much hassle.

Pull the side with your bangs back by rope braiding two pieces tightly, then secure with bobby pins.
Pull back a larger section of hair from the other side.
Smooth it back and over the bobby pins that secured the rope braid.
Lift up a section of your hair (in my style I did this part of the back left of my head, since the rope braid's bobby pins are on the left), bring the smoothed section of hair under the lifted up section.
Secure with bobby pins.
Depending on fly aways, and your hair's texture, lightly spray.
Right now I'm loving Treseme Tres Two Spray Extra Firm Hold.

Viola!


Here's a closer look at the side to see how much hair I chose to leave down near my bangs.

With this style, I made sure to have a touch of undefined wave to combat the prim and proper feel, therefore complimenting the dress with a diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment