Saturday, May 19, 2012

40's type Prom Hair

 High School Prom this year turned out to be just as fun as if I had attended it.
                   I had three friends who asked if I would be in town and could do their hair and I jumped at the opportunity to do so! Luckily that specific weekend I came back into Nashville to work with a caterer for a wedding.
                            Out of the three girls that I got to play with their hair, here is the first I'll share.
         
                    Meet Jennifer!

                                             She has gorgeous hair.

 To start out, I curled her hair in medium sized ringlets. After spraying the curls in place, I loosely braided both the right and left sides of Jennifer's hair. To ensure the braids would stay very securely, I ponytailed the braids at the center of her head. Taking large curls or grouping small ones together, I swirled them to lay flat like a slinky. Pin each slinky-section with two or three carefully placed bobby pins. Continue to "slinky" curls until none remains down. 


    
                      Shake head.... gently.



After seeing what kind of moves, place a few last minute pins and spray the whole thing.
The shaking is just a fun way to ensure the style will stay. You don't want your client's hair to fall when she starts grooving on the dance floor.



Here is lovely Jennifer in her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment